Monday, January 19, 2009

2009 pulled a fast one on me.
The girls and I flew down to GA after Christmas (more on that later) and came home on the 5th of January. So, January was well established by the time we were settled back in and left me scratching my head as to resolutions, a schedule, motivation? I didn't think about much besides maintaining the kids when we were in GA so the new year caught me unawares. And I feel like I've been trying to catch up ever since. And I'm not a very good catcher upper...I like to feel ahead of things. It's kind of a mind game to get me to do my chores- I am far more motivated to make my bed first thing in the morning because that exceeds my own expectations. If it's 4:30 and I never got around to making the bed (because subconsciously my goal was to get back in it...), I hate the thought of making it then. I'd rather just leave it unmade and start again the next morning. I like to fold the laundry as soon as the dryer stops and put it all away. If I can't do it right then, it's definitely going to sit for two days, minimum. There's no in between. If I'm behind, then I'm going to wait until I'm REALLY behind so I have motivation to do everything all at once, marathon style. I guess it's all about the adrenaline for me.
Anyway, all this is to say, here are the Christmas pictures:

This was our first time having Christmas morning in our home. We didn't put any presents out until after the girls were asleep the night before so it was a big surprise for these two.








Oh, I didn't get far before my eyes said 'bedtime'. I was going to save this and finish it later, but that would probably be in a week...I better get this up. More later.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:55 PM

    They are sooo cute. I really miss having Anna say where's so and so every five seconds and I'm running. Also I miss my mini me and need you guys to come back.
    love Aunt Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally caught up on all your posts and pictures. Looks like a wonderful holiday season.

    Cracking up at your all or none philosophy for chores. I can relate...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Missy, Rosie here. Just looking at all your pix. Was reading about your motivation for chores theory - sounds very dangerously like Grandma Rounseville's ideas. I think when you get those feelings you should look around you because I'm sure she's there in the room with you somewhere. One night over the Christmas holidays I decided to help Matthew put together his lego that he got for Christmas from Grandpa Rounseville. We started at about 8pm thinking it would take a couple of hours. At 4;30am Matthew finally gave up. I finally finished building it at 6am. The weird thing was that all night while I was building this thing I could feel my mom there with me urging me on. This is exactly the kind of thing she would do. Stay up all night building a childs toy! I just kept smiling to myself and saying 'I know you're here Mom!'

    ReplyDelete