Wednesday, March 14, 2007


Anna's on her way...

She's not quite there yet though. She can only go backwards actually.
She rotates well though. Yesterday she circumnavigated into the couch.




Since about six months, Anna seems to learn something new everyday. She pulls her arms out of the sleeves when she's being undressed and straightens them into her jacket sleeves. She rocks back and forth and hums to herself. She takes the ribbons off her dolls. She pats my face when I ask her, "Where's Mama?" She can make the lights of her Bach organ come on with her head! She can use a straw to drink. She's full of tricks and keeps us nicely entertained.

Recently, she has enjoyed going down for naps...really. Day before yesterday, I put her in her crib for her nap:



Yes sirree, she's been a happy baby. Still no teeth yet. We have attributed every runny nose and any fussiness she's had since 3mo to teething, but, well, we've got nothing to show for it. This morning, I woke up with a bit of a sore throat and my first thought- "Mmm, probably just teething." Right.

Other than baby news- and I realize most people stop reading here- I picked up a book at the library and what a book it was. Martha Stewart's Homekeeping Handbook. Yikes and egad, twice. It's massive and complete, simply every single thing you could ever, and probably never wanted to, know about all things homey. It is overwhelming, and frankly idolatry of the home, but I am learning some useful tips. It is haunting though- it really is. Since I picked it up, things have been a little more "pristine" around here so I do recommend it. Just don't you MCLINC users request it yet- I'm going to need all of my renewals to gleen from these 700 pages...

No comments:

Post a Comment