Friday, November 21, 2008

Last night, I was all by myself. The girls were asleep and Chris was spending the night at the Normans, catching up with his bud J. I spent the evening watching The Office and looking at craft blogs. Once I was thoroughly stocked with sewing ideas, I got ready for bed, slightly resentful that nobody put toothpaste on my toothbrush. I couldn't fall asleep for awhile and got to thinking about Anna. It's been a very long time since she's asked me to hold her. I still do of course, but she doesn't entwine herself around my legs when I'm cooking dinner and whine to be picked up anymore. Not that I miss that...but, actually I kind of do. And she plays by herself or with Sonja all day. She still likes when I play with her, but she doesn't require me in the room to be content. It's just slowly dawning that she is growing more independent everyday. Good thing her daddy is never going to let her get married. I would sure miss her.
Anyway, enough melancholy.
Today is packing day. Tomorrow morning, earlier than bright, we are embarking on our first road trip ever to Georgia. We are leaving without a dvd player, but I won't say we will come back without one. It's a 12 hour drive says Mapquest, 10 hours says Chris, 18 hours says Sonja. We shall see how this goes.
Alright, I need to change over laundry and wrap up a dolly, papoose style.

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! I love road trips! Drive safe, make Chris drive safe and have fun making family memories on the road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do NOT love road trips. Hope you have a safe and wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete