Saturday, February 07, 2009

Kind of a low week this one.
Everyone was sapped out on energy from last week's virus bout. Nobody had an appetite. I was sucking wind by 4PM everyday. Thursday afternoon, Sonja was feverish. That was on and off and Friday afternoon she seemed back to normal. I was really looking forward to finally, a Saturday with Chris at home where we could hang out and do whatever we wanted- it had been since December, I think. (And though it's been a year since Chris started working every couple Saturdays, I still feel completely entitled to Saturdays with him.)

So, Friday night, the girls were asleep and Chris and I were in the basement where he's been working on a project. He let me help paint primer on and I was feeling pretty peachy about hanging out with him and looking forward to all weekend (and the paint fumes could have played a part of this overwhelming sense of well being...) Reality rapidly returned in the form of Sonja fussing upstairs. Her fever had returned and by 2AM had soared to 105.2 F. We waited, sans slumber, until morning then took her in to see the doc. Spent a couple hours doing tests, waiting for results, doing more tests, waiting for those results. Thankfully, everything dangerous was ruled out and some cultures are being done, but it looks to be some virus which will just run its course. She spent most of the afternoon asleep on us. Pretty crabby all evening but when I put her in bed tonight she was down to 98 F.

So my elusive golden Saturday, you have escaped my grasp once more...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:27 PM

    i mopped the floor and then went outside, laid in the sun, and took a nap, only to be woken up by Hunter, who had laid down on me,when he started snoring, but i went back to sleep.
    love aunt katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our daughter in law Kiley, Jon's wife, has been sick all week. With one in first grade, one in preschool and one at home she had a difficult time. Also have heard of another blogging family like yours was this past week. Hopefully weeks like this will fade quickly from your mind.

    "The Lord of hosts is with us;
    the God of Jacob is our fortress.
    Psalm 46:11

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, poor Sonja! I'm so sorry. Sicknesses are so rough! We'll be praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete