Monday, June 30, 2008

As a 20 month old, Anna has surpassed my geography competence. No surprise for you folks who know me best.

I bought this puzzle when we were expecting Anna and finally brought it out on Friday for her to play with. She loves it! We should have more puzzles for her; it's her only one and sort of complicated for a first puzzle. Anyway, she knows the names and where to put Alaska, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Minnesota, Montana, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah so far. It is hilarious to watch her looking over the pieces wondering aloud, "Where is Oo-tah?", "I can't find Okla-oma."

3 comments:

  1. Missy, I just love reading about your life, your family, and your thoughts. It's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:50 PM

    You notice she knows where Montana is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I ever tell you about how I used to do a puzzle like this with my sister? I'd sit across from her (So the USA was upside down to me). Imagine my surprise when the 'sock' in the lower left corner (Maine) magically moved to the upper right corner when I got the chance to do the puzzle myself.

    I like how she knows where O-H-I-O is!

    (go bucks!)

    ReplyDelete